I did this last Thursday as my hubby was interested to eat something exotic(mostly restaurant food), so I decided I will do something new which tastes good as well as healthy. I had lots of veggies in my fridge and ended up with this easy and simple recipe after a lot of internet searching.
Cut the veggies of your choice into medium sized pieces. (I added cauliflower, broccoli, carrot in one batch and potato and beans in another batch as it will take little longer)
1. Bring the water to a boil in a pot.
2. Add desired amount of salt and some soy sauce.
3. Add Cauliflower, Broccoli and Carrots. Cook for 5-6 mins.
4. Use a strainer to take the veggies out.
5. With the remaining water, cook potato and beans for 10 -12 mins.
6. Place the veggies in a platter.
I stored the remaining water in the freezer to use it as stock for vegetable soup. It had a good flavor.
Handful of spinach and half a handful of mint
1 tbsp of Olive oil
1/2 cup yogurt (you can substitute with greek yogurt or avocado)
1 Garlic clove peeled
1 tsp of lime juice
salt to taste
First grind cashew, spinach, mint, garlic and salt in a blender and then add yogurt, lime juice and olive oil and grind it once more. Your Dip is ready!!!