As part of eating healthy breakfast every morning, I started having oats. I tried out this recipe and it turned out to be really good and my hubby liked it too 🙂
Servings: 2 persons
The ingredients that you will need are:
1 cup (100 gms) Oats
3 eggs or 4 egg whites
salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tsp milk (optional)
Capsicum – finely sliced/ chopped
Onion – finely sliced/ chopped
Tomato – finely sliced/ chopped
Mushrooms – finely sliced (optional)
1. Beat eggs, Oats, salt, pepper and milk together. It will be little thicker like a pan cake batter.
2. On low heat, pour half of the egg mixture and spread it to cover the bottom of a non-stick pan.
3. Sprinkle capsicum, onion, tomato, mushrooms on top and press gently.
4. Cover the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat till vegetables get steamed. Do not leave for more than 2 mins, oats get burnt. My first omelette burned a little but the second one came out fine.
5. Turn the side and cook till light golden.
6. Serve with vegetable side up.
Make another omelette with the remaining mixture. The omelette looked more like a pizza to me 🙂